Inspired by Nature
For Maison Perrier-Jouët, man is a living being among others. This message of equality, redefining the relationship between man and nature, is the basis of the House’s commitment in years to come. Nature is a complex ecosystem in which all the species - including man - are interdependent, with different degrees of influence, but in the end a balance emerges. A magnificent balance that Perrier-Jouët wants to help preserve.
Vision of a sustainable future for the vineyard
Maison Perrier-Jouët is rolling out an ambitious programme of commitment to nature. The approach of the House aims to reduce its impact on nature, at each stage in the elaboration of its wines, starting with its exceptional vineyard:
- Actions to promote biodiversity since 2014: installation of beehives, planting trees, shrubs and hedges, building low stone walls.
- Sustainable viticulture since 2016: dual certification (Sustainable Viticulture in Champagne and High Environmental Value) awarded to 100% of its vineyard.
- Zero herbicide in the House’s vineyard since 2020: the House is ahead of the 2025 target for the Champagne region as a whole.
- Experimental regenerative viticulture program since 2020: the first results of this transformation are expected by 2025. The ecosystem of the vineyard is considered as a whole: regenerating soils to increase their fertility, enriching biodiversity and long-term climate action.
- 2023: Launch of a vitiforestry experiment covering a surface of 10 hectares. Trails in progress include: plant covers, flower covers, green fertilisers, alternative treatments, confined spraying and electric trimming trolleys.
Reusing and recycling resources
100% of the by-products of winemaking (grape seeds, skins, pulp, lees) are recycled and transformed:
- For use in cosmetics (essential oils)
- For use in food (cooking oils)
- To produce compost and nutrients.
The vine cuttings resulting from winter pruning are repurposed, accounting for around 5% of the Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon case.
A virtuous value chain
Maison Perrier-Jouët has introduced measures to minimize the impact of production and transport:
- The House has been working on reducing our CO2 emissions by 55% (in scopes 1, 2 & 3) since 2015.
- All its sites run on green energy
- The House operates a zero-flight policy for transporting its wines.
Reducing the environmental impact of our packaging
- Perrier-Jouët bottles are recyclable, with its green glass bottles containing 85% recycled glass.
- In 2020, following two years of research and development, the Perrier-Jouët Ecobox marks a new step in our aim to reduce the impact of our packaging on the environment. It is made in France using natural fibres sourced from sustainably managed, FSC-certified forests and is 30% lighter compared to previous gift boxes.
- 2023: launch of the Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon, a deliberately minimalist box. This brand new case is made from paper pulp and 5% of vine shoots sourced from French vineyards. It weighs only 49 grams, making it 93% lighter compared to previous versions.
Made from paper pulp sourced from sustainably managed forests, Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon also contains 5% vine cuttings resulting from winter pruning.
Purity of style
Inspired by nature, the new Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon case elegantly wraps around the Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Brut and Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Rosé vintage cuvées. Its streamlined design perfectly molds to the curves of the bottle and fans out like a corolla at the top to reveal its golden foil. The Japanese anemones that embellish the case are delicately embossed on the surface of Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon. A real emblem of Maison Perrier-Jouët, the Japanese anemone illustrates its attachment to Art Nouveau and nature.
The Japanese anemones that embellish the case are delicately embossed on the surface of Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon. A real emblem of Maison Perrier-Jouët, the Japanese anemone illustrates its attachment to Art Nouveau and nature. Thanks to its minimalist approach, Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon reflects the House’s heritage and its attachment to nature since 1811. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon delicately wraps around high-quality cuvées, which are sensitive to light and changes in temperature. Designed to offer a sophisticated case to protect your champagne, Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Cocoon blocks out the sun’s rays and mitigates the effects of hot and cold conditions on the wine.