Maison Perrier-Jouët’s Head Chef Sebastien Morellon has a delightful clementine dessert to help you create a joyful moment at home. Paired with the generous, intense aromas of pomegranate, red fruit and blood orange of Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé, see how the Chef creates this gourmet delicacy of candied clementines with clementine jelly, shortbread and vanilla whipped cream and share a wonderful moment with the ones you love with a delightful feast in your glass!
Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé & clementine delicacies
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 6 clementines
- Sugar (same weight as clementines)
- 200 g pressed clementine juice
- 2 g agar-agar
- 200 g liquid cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 120 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Fleur de sel
- 2 egg yolks
Step 1. Candied clementines
1. Cut into 0.5 cm cubes with flesh and skin.
2. Put the same weight in sugar over it and leave 24 hours in the fridge.
3. Put everything in a pan and cook covered over low heat. Stir regularly.
4. Stop cooking when there is no more liquid in the pan and the fruits are translucent.
Step 2. Clementine jelly
1. Boil the juice and incorporate the agar-agar by sprinkling it in.
2. Continue boiling for 1 minute and remove.
3. Let the mixture set in the fridge until it is hard and mix to form the jelly.
Step 3. Whipped cream
1. Scrape the inside of the vanilla bean and add it to the cream.
2. Whip the preparation up until the desired consistency with a food processor.
Step 4. Final steps
1. Whisk the yolks and sugar vigorously until the mixture whitens and foams.
2. Blend in small cubes of tempered butter, then the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Work into a homogenous dough. Let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge.
4. Roll out the dough and cut out disks with a cookie cutter.
5. Bake for 20 min at 180°C.
1. Put a spoonful of jelly in a bowl, then a spoonful of candied fruit.
2. Add a few clementine segments for extra freshness.
3. Drop a spoonful of whipped cream on top and place the shortbread cookie.
How can you elevate a special occasion? Maison Perrier-Jouët collaborated with floral designer Elise Dumas to create the perfect floral centerpiece for your table. A romantic color palette in shades of pink, green and white, Dumas creates a captivating floral design that brings the vibrancy of nature into your home. Once your table is set, enjoy a lush and lively glass of Perrier-Jouët Blason Rosé with its distinctive pink hue to complement your floral arrangement.