Roasted Root Vegetables, caramelized goodness paired with Belle Epoque Rose
- 1 ½ pounds multi colored baby carrots, scrubbed (cut in half if large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, lightly crushed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ cup micro cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a bowl toss together carrots, olive oil, fennel seed, salt and pepper and combine until coated.
- Lay out on a sheet try and roast until carrots are tender and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook butter, stirring often until butter browns and has a nutty fragrance.
- Remove from heat and swirl in the hazelnuts and sherry vinegar.
- Arrange carrots on platter and spoon hazelnut sauce over top.
- Garnish with Micro Cilantro.