Discover our new, eco-designed gift box uniting beauty and sustainability
Nature has been at the heart of Maison Perrier-Jouët for more than 200 years. A constant source of inspiration, it has now resulted in a new, eco-designed gift box that is both beautiful and sustainable.
Today, Maison Perrier-Jouët reinvents the art of gifting, infusing it with a new dimension that is of essential importance for us all: environmental responsibility.
- Natural materials: 100% natural fibres, sourced from FSC-certified forests; ink and glue free from mineral oils.
- Fully recyclable: a minimalist design utilising a single material and limiting ink consumption.
- Reduced environmental impact: design and development in France; a 30% weight reduction compared to the previous gift box.
Maison Perrier-Jouët invites you to celebrate life’s key moments while caring for nature.
A House in symbiosis with nature since it was founded
Maison Perrier-Jouët has evolved in symbiosis with nature since 1811, true to the ethos of its founders: Pierre-Nicolas Perrier and Rose-Adélaïde Jouët, a young couple united by their love of art and nature.
Pierre-Nicolas Perrier and his son Charles were known as botanists and horticulturists. They introduced progressive ideas for the time on natural viticulture and vineyard management.
Inspired by Art Nouveau, Maison Perrier-Jouët shares its unconventional observation of nature and aims to reenchant the everyday through collaborations with contemporary artists since 2012.
This new, eco-designed gift box was born of Maison Perrier-Jouët’s close relationship with nature. It is part of the House’s wider initiatives to respect and protect the environment.
Ongoing progress for our eco-designed packaging
Produced in France, the glass bottles used by Maison Perrier-Jouët are recyclable forever and lighter than ever before to limit their impact on nature. Our green bottles contain 85% recycled glass.
The House’s entire gifting offer will be eco-designed by 2022.
Our objectives in terms of sustainable viticulture
Maison Perrier-Jouët is implementing an ambitious programme to promote sustainable viticulture:
- A zero-herbicide policy in the Perrier-Jouët vineyard
- 100% of the vineyard is certified Sustainable Viticulture in Champagne
- Preservation of biodiversity (planting of trees, installation of beehives, building of stone walls)
- New, sustainable growing practices (biological control, electric vehicles, green fertilisers…)
A virtuous value chain, from the grape to the glass
Maison Perrier-Jouët takes action at every stage in the production of its champagnes in order to reduce its environmental impact:
- Carbon-footprint monitoring since 2009: 55% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 CO2 emissions
- Green energy at all production sites
- A zero-air policy for transport to our customers
- 100% of the by-products of vinification, such as lees, are recycled in order to be transformed (into compost or essential oils, for example)