Roasted chicken with creamy roasted polenta recipe & Perrier-Jouët Belle Époque Brut 2013
- People: For 4
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- 1 free-range chicken
- 1 bunch of baby turnips
- 1 bunch of round radishes
- 1 'golden ball' turnip
- 250g polenta
- 80g grated Parmesan
- 20g Parmesan shavings
- 1 garlic head
- 1 branch of thyme
- 25cl pouring cream
- 1L chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Young radish shoots
Step 1: Roasting the polenta
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Roast the polenta on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Cooking the chicken
- Season and oil the ready-to-cook chicken
- Place in a dish with the garlic cloves and thyme
- Add a small glass of water
- Put in the oven for one hour at 180°C (turn over during cooking and adjust the time according to the size of the chicken and the oven until you get a nice roasted color).
- Deglaze the dish with a little water and collect the chicken “jus”.
- Remove the skin from the roasted garlic cloves.
- Just before serving, cut up the chicken and serve one piece of breast and one piece of leg per guest.
Step 3: Finish and presentation
Peel the turnips, and cook in boiling salted water, keeping them slightly crunchy. Cook the radishes in the same way.
When you are ready to serve, reheat them in a frying pan with a little butter and water.
Cook the polenta in the chicken stock, add the cream and Parmesan. Season.
Peel the 'golden ball' turnip and cut into fine slices using a mandoline slicer.
Arrange the chicken, polenta, turnips and radishes on the plate, add some roasted garlic and cover with thin slices of turnip, finish with the roasted chicken “jus”, young radish shoots and a few shavings of Parmesan.