Belle Époque Egg
- People: For 4
- 4 eggs
- 30g grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 70g of butter
- 4 carrots
- 200g of fresh carrot juice
- Zest of 1 orange
Step 1: Cooking the eggs
- Clarify the eggs (separate the yolk from the white)
- In a mixer, emulsify the egg whites so that it is quite tight, add a pinch of salt and the parmesan at the end and mix.
- In a silicone mold in the shape of a half-sphere, line the bottom with some of the egg whites, bake for 1’30m at 180°c. Take the molds out of the oven and add the yolk in the center and cover with the rest of the whites and smooth at the height of the mold. Bake for 4 minutes at 180°C until nice blond color.
Step 2: Cooking the carrots
- Peel the carrots so that they are the same size.
- Heat the butter until frothy and roll the carrots in it, salt.
- Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes then add the carrot juice, and the zest, and cover with parchment paper. Cook over low heat until tender and syrupy carrot juice.
Step 3: Finish and presentation
Place the egg on the plate just as it comes out of cooking, place a carrot and cover it delicately with the reduced cooking juice.
Sprinkle the carrot with puffed buckwheat seeds and place 2 carrot tops on it.