Seasonal Berry Ingredients:
- 4 ½ cups fresh berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
Macadamia Crisp Dough Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream
Whipped Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp coconut liquor
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Step1: Preparing the Seasonal Berries:
- To prepare the berries, place in a bowl and toss with the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour.
- Set aside.
Step 2: Preparing the Macadamia Crisp Dough
- To make the dough, mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and crushed macadamias in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the cream and vanilla extract mix lightly, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Put the blueberries in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish or if making individual portions, use small ramekins.
- Make patties out of the dough, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick (obviously smaller if making for individual portions.)
- Arrange them over the top of the berries. Bake until the topping is brown and the juices bubble thickly around it, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
Step 3: Preparing the Whipped Topping:
- Place the mixer bowl and whisk in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, cream of tartar, and coconut liquor into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Use immediately as necessary.
Step 4: Plating the Seasonal Berry, mint, macadamia crisp
- Take out of ramekin/serve disassembled with berry dust, herb dust.
- Serve warm with whipped cream on top and add fresh berries.
I am simply proposing that creators do what they do best, and create content that’s thought-provoking, impactful, and important.Sophia Roe
Crispy Crudo Rice Ingredients:
- 1 pound Hamachi fillet sashimi grade, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp high quality olive oil
- Local herbs
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- Citrus oil - (see section below for recipe)
- crispy rice - (day old well-seasoned rice, fried in neutral oil until golden brown pieces, then thoroughly cooled)
- fleur de sel
Meyer Lemon Oil Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups high quality olive oil
- 1 peel from 2-3 unwaxed Meyer lemons
Step 1: Preparing the Crispy Rice Crudo
- In a large bowl, mix lemon juice/zest, soy sauce, shallot, olive oil, local herbs of choice, and sunflower seeds.
- Add fleur de sel and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk to combine
Step 2: Preparing the Meyer Lemon Oil
- Thoroughly clean lemons and peel, avoiding white pith.
- Place lemon peels with the olive oil in a skillet and cook over the lowest heat setting for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, pour the oil in a bottle or jar. Be sure to store it in a cool, dark place to allow the flavors to develop.
Step 3: Plating the Crispy Rice Crudo
- Layer the thinly sliced Hamachi on a plate.
- Top Hamachi with the lemon and wild herb mixture, arranging nicely on the plate.
- Drizzle with citrus oil and garnish with crispy rice and more local herbs.
- Finisher options: edible flowers, thinly sliced radish, Serrano chiles, green onions, more citrus zest, dehydrated black olives