Seasonal Berry Ingredients:
- 4 ½ cups fresh berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
Macadamia Crisp Dough Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy cream
Whipped Topping Ingredients:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp coconut liquor
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Step1: Preparing the Seasonal Berries:
- To prepare the berries, place in a bowl and toss with the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and flour.
- Set aside.
Step 2: Preparing the Macadamia Crisp Dough
- To make the dough, mix the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and crushed macadamias in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the cream and vanilla extract mix lightly, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Put the blueberries in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish or if making individual portions, use small ramekins.
- Make patties out of the dough, 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2-inch thick (obviously smaller if making for individual portions.)
- Arrange them over the top of the berries. Bake until the topping is brown and the juices bubble thickly around it, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
Step 3: Preparing the Whipped Topping:
- Place the mixer bowl and whisk in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, cream of tartar, and coconut liquor into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Use immediately as necessary.
Step 4: Plating the Seasonal Berry, mint, macadamia crisp
- Take out of ramekin/serve disassembled with berry dust, herb dust.
- Serve warm with whipped cream on top and add fresh berries.
I am simply proposing that creators do what they do best, and create content that’s thought-provoking, impactful, and important.Sophia Roe
Crispy Crudo Rice Ingredients:
- 1 pound Hamachi fillet sashimi grade, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp high quality olive oil
- Local herbs
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- Citrus oil - (see section below for recipe)
- crispy rice - (day old well-seasoned rice, fried in neutral oil until golden brown pieces, then thoroughly cooled)
- fleur de sel
Meyer Lemon Oil Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups high quality olive oil
- 1 peel from 2-3 unwaxed Meyer lemons
Step 1: Preparing the Crispy Rice Crudo
- In a large bowl, mix lemon juice/zest, soy sauce, shallot, olive oil, local herbs of choice, and sunflower seeds.
- Add fleur de sel and black pepper to taste.
- Whisk to combine
Step 2: Preparing the Meyer Lemon Oil
- Thoroughly clean lemons and peel, avoiding white pith.
- Place lemon peels with the olive oil in a skillet and cook over the lowest heat setting for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down completely.
- Once cooled, pour the oil in a bottle or jar. Be sure to store it in a cool, dark place to allow the flavors to develop.
Step 3: Plating the Crispy Rice Crudo
- Layer the thinly sliced Hamachi on a plate.
- Top Hamachi with the lemon and wild herb mixture, arranging nicely on the plate.
- Drizzle with citrus oil and garnish with crispy rice and more local herbs.
- Finisher options: edible flowers, thinly sliced radish, Serrano chiles, green onions, more citrus zest, dehydrated black olives
Mild Green Curry Paste Ingredients:
- 4 pimento peppers (make sure to purchase those that are green and not spicy - if can’t find, use green bell peppers instead)
- 2 large shallot, rough chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, thinly sliced then finely chopped
- 2 bunches chopped cilantro, (stems as well)
- 3 tbsp galangal, finely chopped
- 2 makrut lime leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp white peppercorn
- 1 cup packed fresh Thai basil leaves or cilantro (this adds beautiful color)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp shrimp paste
Mild Green Curry Halibut Ingredients:
- 4-6 (6 ounce) halibut fillets whole
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 5 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 cups high quality fish stock
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 6 makrut lime leaves, torn in half
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 20 Thai basil leaves
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- Salt, to taste
Non-Spicy Garlic Crisp Ingredients:
- 5 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 heads of garlic, separated into cloves, sliced
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 2 star anise pods
- 4 inch piece ginger, peeled, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2tsp. sugar
Step 1: Preparing the Mild Green Curry Paste
- Toast coriander, cumin, and white peppercorns until fragrant.
- Add them to a spice grinder and grind until fine powder.
- Then proceed with adding to the rest of the ingredients to form a paste.
- Add all ingredients except oil and shrimp paste to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Bring out a deep skillet or pot and heat the oil in medium-high heat.
- Add the paste from the food processor to the pan. Cook the paste by tossing it around for 3 minutes until it starts to become dry.
- Set aside for the rest of recipe.
Step 2: Preparing the Mild Green Curry Halibut
- Using a large dutch oven over medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil and all of the green curry paste.
- Add the soy sauce and white sugar, let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the makrut lime leaves and cauliflower, then stir.
- Add the coconut milk, fish stock, and salt to taste. Allow to cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- After cooking for 10 minutes, add half of the Thai basil leaves (leaving the rest for garnish). Also add the lime juice and lime zest. Let cook for another 10 minutes, adjusting flavors as you see fit.
- You can blend and strain the soup/broth for a silky texture or leave it rustic. Both are equally delicious.
- To cook halibut: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the halibut. Cook the halibut skin side down for 5 minutes, until the skin is golden brown.
Step 3: Preparing the Non-Spicy Garlic Crisps
- Bring shallots, garlic, oil, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, reducing heat as needed to maintain a gentle simmer and swirling pot occasionally, until garlic and shallots are browned and crisp.
- Mix ginger, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Strain shallot mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over ginger mixture.
- Let garlic and shallot cool in a sieve, so they can crisp up further, before eventually stirring back into oil.
Step 4: Plating the Mild Green Curry Halibut
- To serve, place 1 cup of green curry broth/soup in coupé bowl, top with one piece of halibut. Finishing options: 1 tbsp garlic crisp, edible flowers, wild herbs, remaining Thai basil.
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar, blended until it's a fine-ish powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp vanilla bean
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups SUPER COLD heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Step 1: Preparing the Pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 225˚F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, beat 6 egg whites on high speed for 1 min until soft peaks form. With the mixer on, gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar and beat 8-10 min on high speed, or until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, quickly fold in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whip for another 60 seconds,
- Fold in corn starch and mix until well blended.
- Pipe meringue into 3 to 3 1/2 inches wide spirals or circles onto the parchment paper using a piping tip of your choice.
- Bake at 225˚ for 1 hr and 15 min. Turn the oven off and without opening the door, leave the meringue in the oven until fully cooled.
- Transfer the pavlova onto the counter and allow it to cool to room temperature
Step 2: Preparing the Whipped Cream
- Beat cold whipping cream with sugar in the cold bowl for 2 to 3 minutes or until whipped and spreadable.
Step 3: Plating the Pavlova and Whipped Cream
- Once cool, you can place the Pavlova on a plate.
- Spoon cream onto the pavlova and top with fresh fruit
Wild Prawns Ingredients:
- 1 lb wild caught prawns, deveined and peeled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup black lentils, prepared per instructions
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- herbs of choice to garnish
Charred Broccolini Ingredients:
- 2 bunches broccolini, larger stems halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Kosher salt to taste
Step 1: Preparing the Wild Prawns
- Peel and devein prawns.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter and one tbsp olive oil.
- Add the prawns in a single layer being mindful not to over-crowd the pan or the prawns will steam instead of sear. Cook the prawns for 30 seconds
- Add in the crushed garlic and olives. Cook for another minute
- Pour in the wine. Cook until shrimp are cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, add the lentils, arugula, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper as well.
- Mix until well incorporated.
Step 2: Preparing the Broccolini
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic cloves and let the garlic sizzle for about 1 minute.
- Add the broccolini to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the water (it will steam and may splatter), reduce the heat to medium, cover, and steam the greens for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the heat to high heat. Add the butter and season with salt. Cook until the broccolini is charred.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, squeeze lemon juice and top with lemon zest.
Step 3: Plating
- To plate, add arugula and black lentil mixture to bowl, top with herbs.
- Add prawns on top of the arugula and black lentils.
- Finishing options: charred broccolini, herb oil, edible flowers, foamy cultured butter, citrus zest, slivered almonds
Crudo of Fluke ingredients:
- 1-pound skinless fillet of sushi-grade fluke sole, halibut, or yellowtail, cut into pieces about 1/4 inch thick, 1 inch wide and 2 to 3 inches long
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup peeled, diced small cucumber
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery leaves
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped basil
- For finishing - chopped Serrano chilis, thinly sliced radish, basil oil, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, Urfa chili, more basil, edible flowers
Basil Oil Ingredients:
- 1 cup mild olive oil
- 3 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 kosher salt
Step 1: Preparing the Crudo of Fluke
- In a mixing bowl, stir together lime juice, cherry tomatoes, shallot, cucumber, capers, celery leaves, basil, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add the fluke, toss gently, and let it sit for several minutes.
Step 2: Preparing the Basil Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Blanch the basil leaves in the boiling water for about 10 seconds.
- Remove them quickly with a strainer and dunk in a bowl of ice water.
- Remove from the water and squeeze to remove ALL excess water.
- Roughly chop basil and blend.
- Add the oil and kosher salt; blend until the basil is puréed. Let the purée settle for about 30 minutes.
- Strain through a cheesecloth or strainer.
- Use immediately.
Step 3: Plating the Crudo of Fluke
- Serve the fish topped with the Basil Oil dressing over the fish.
- Garnish with any of the following or multiples: thinly sliced radish, basil oil, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, Urfa chili, more chopped basil, edible flowers.