Sophia Roe's Wild Prawns and Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Brut 2013
Wild Prawns Ingredients:
- 1 lb wild caught prawns, deveined and peeled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup black lentils, prepared per instructions
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- herbs of choice to garnish
Charred Broccolini Ingredients:
- 2 bunches broccolini, larger stems halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Kosher salt to taste
Step 1: Preparing the Wild Prawns
- Peel and devein prawns.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter and one tbsp olive oil.
- Add the prawns in a single layer being mindful not to over-crowd the pan or the prawns will steam instead of sear. Cook the prawns for 30 seconds
- Add in the crushed garlic and olives. Cook for another minute
- Pour in the wine. Cook until shrimp are cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, add the lentils, arugula, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper as well.
- Mix until well incorporated.
Step 2: Preparing the Broccolini
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic cloves and let the garlic sizzle for about 1 minute.
- Add the broccolini to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the water (it will steam and may splatter), reduce the heat to medium, cover, and steam the greens for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the heat to high heat. Add the butter and season with salt. Cook until the broccolini is charred.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, squeeze lemon juice and top with lemon zest.
Step 3: Plating
- To plate, add arugula and black lentil mixture to bowl, top with herbs.
- Add prawns on top of the arugula and black lentils.
- Finishing options: charred broccolini, herb oil, edible flowers, foamy cultured butter, citrus zest, slivered almonds