Sophia Roe's Pavlova and Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque Rosé 2013
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar, blended until it's a fine-ish powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp vanilla bean
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups SUPER COLD heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Step 1: Preparing the Pavlova
- Preheat the oven to 225˚F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, beat 6 egg whites on high speed for 1 min until soft peaks form. With the mixer on, gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar and beat 8-10 min on high speed, or until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, quickly fold in lemon juice and vanilla extract. Whip for another 60 seconds,
- Fold in corn starch and mix until well blended.
- Pipe meringue into 3 to 3 1/2 inches wide spirals or circles onto the parchment paper using a piping tip of your choice.
- Bake at 225˚ for 1 hr and 15 min. Turn the oven off and without opening the door, leave the meringue in the oven until fully cooled.
- Transfer the pavlova onto the counter and allow it to cool to room temperature
Step 2: Preparing the Whipped Cream
- Beat cold whipping cream with sugar in the cold bowl for 2 to 3 minutes or until whipped and spreadable.
Step 3: Plating the Pavlova and Whipped Cream
- Once cool, you can place the Pavlova on a plate.
- Spoon cream onto the pavlova and top with fresh fruit